You’ve been plotting this all week. The scratchy throat on Monday. The well-timed sneezes as your boss walked by your desk on Tuesday. The talking with a fake stuffy nose on Wednesday. All of this building up to the call-in sick on Thursday (and Friday isn’t looking too good for you, either).
It’s the NCAA Tournament and you’ve got some basketball to watch and some money to lose on your brackets. Rather than give you tips on which 12-seed will beat a 5-seed (Oregon over Wisconsin, by the way) I present to you the NCAA Tournament Drinking Game. This game is, of course, an exhibition and not a competition so please no wagering (and drink responsibly).
- You find Tru TV on your first try…drink.
- The announcers mention Zion during a game Zion is not playing in…drink.
- You hear someone proclaim “My bracket is busted” before halftime of the first game…hit him with the bottle.
- YOU proclaim “My bracket is busted” before halftime of the first game…turn off the TV and take a long walk allowing the answers to the question “why don’t I have friends?” to just flow into you.
- There is a long delay while the refs review a play (that is obvious to everyone else) and you wonder just how badly your team is about to get screwed…drink, slowly.
- You hear Dick Vitale scream “It’s awesome, baby!”…stop drinking. You are already hallucinating. Vitale, thankfully, doesn’t call any of these games.
- Some stranger goes into painful detail about his selection strategy on all 47 of his brackets…drink. A lot.
- YOU go into painful detail with a stranger about your selection strategy on all 47 of your brackets…now you’ve got one more answer to the question “why don’t I have friends?”
I hope you enjoy the tournament, but don’t over-do it. If you missed the blog on The Bourbon Fellowship Bottled in Bond Bracket Challenge, you can find that here. The outcome was a bit of a surprise (Duke didn’t win).Kevin